Saturday, October 18, 2008

Evolution

Its been awhile since I last scribbled my pen in a paper and share/expose my thoughts, feelings ( on a daily basis) towards situation, emotion and other conditions that affect me as a person. As far as I can remember the first time I started a real diary was when I was in second year high school wherein we are required to have a diary and write all the things that happened and discussed on that particular subject. Included in the diary are your thoughts and analysis, and that diary should show creativeness like some artwork and colorful designs.

I hate it.

Hate the artwork side. I am not the person who has some flair in making beautiful and flamboyant drawings.

Double the hate - when your teacher graded your performance based on your artwork in diary.

College days were crammed with lots of projects, thesis, exams, etc. I decided that I can have a diary but not with the writings of love, emotion, feelings, thoughts, instead I filled it with schedules of favorite TV programs, quotations, deadlines of assignments/projects, date of exams and some highlights of what happened that day. The diary itself is a compact notebook with 3" x 2 1/ 2” size. It is small yet it is packed of information I needed to keep me sane.

Of course, no artworks included.

According to a prominent talk show host in America, she suggested that we should have a journal and write at least 5 things/situations that make us thankful for everyday. I think this technique tells us that when you read it a year from now, you will realize you are indeed a blessed person. It successfully shows how you have grown from what you have been.

When I read my diary I made when I was in high school I would laugh at myself for the silliness I have written. But at the back of my mind, these writings have made me a better person. These diaries served as evidence of what you have accomplished in life. It is our guidance in all our endeavors. Journals shaped and evolved us.

In this blog, I’d like to share my thoughts about my work, books that I read, latest in computer and information technology and just about the everyday life.

But this time I’ll try to put some artwork.

1 comment:

jayr.anes said...

Hi journalKeeper,

I'm your avid fan! I don't know who to thank for on your version of evolution, would it be Charles Darwin?

Congratz on your first post! Looking forward to read more of your blog. Stay online!

TheServerSideDeveloper